The Zone3 Men’s Lava Short Sleeved Aero Tri Suit uses cutting edge technology and is crafted using Zone3 Sensory and Energy fabric. This provides a soft smooth feel to the suit, and minimises all wind resistance and chaffing for the athlete, while providing optimal temperature, control, ventilation and water resistance. The new addition of the “Iron performance” pad and premium Italian leg grips provides support and comfort in all areas, while reventing rubbing or chaffing. This tri suit is perfect for any top tier athlete in long distance races.
Premium woven fabrics ensure maximum performance and comfort throughout the race. Aerodynamic design with short sleeves for an improved profile on the bike and added sun protection. Ergonomic panel design, fit and fabric locations designed for temperature control. Extremely high quality, Iron Performance pad by Cytech. Crucial for IM distances. High end Italian leg grippers for maximum comfort and support throughout the race. Large, functional pocket design for race day nutrition.
FABRICS Aeroforce Soft-Touch – A revolutionary woven fabric from France is used on the main front and back panels and is extremely comfortable against the skin and technically advanced. It is one of the most expensive performance fabrics on the market, but once you have tried it you will understand why.
Key benefits include:
•Extremely breathable and sweat wicking for optimum temperature control.
•Incredible lightweight and quick drying whilst still being durable and offering a high level of UPF protection.
•360° stretch for total freedom of movement.
•A high-tech water repellent coating for drag resistance both in and out of the water and to repel sweat whilst on the go. Also, a very useful feature if it rains on the bike section, helping to keep you drier and warmer.
• This is a market-leading fabric which is used by a very high proportion of pro athletes. Comfort is crucial during a long-distance race and as soon as you feel this fabric against your skin you’ll understand why it is a key feature in the range. This fabric is used on the main front and back panels.
Energy – Used on the side panels, our Energy fabric helps to mimic the Aeroforce Soft-Touch fabric and has an extremely smooth and soft feel together with a full water repellent coating.
Sensory – An extremely smooth and soft fabric that feels fantastic against the skin, it provides extra support and compression on the legs together with a full water repellent coating. The fabric is highly breathable and sweat wicking, while the 360º stretch ensure total freedom of movement.
1.Each fabric carefully chosen and positioned to improve performance, comfort and endurance.
2. Balanced Compression is provided through the legs thanks to a carefully designed panel shape and the high denier rating of the Sensory fabric. This improves muscle support and helps to increase the blood flow away from the legs, therefore reducing the amount of lactic acid build up and helping to improve endurance and stamina.
3. Aerodynamic laser cut short sleeves for improved aerodynamics, bicep muscle support and increased protection from UV rays.
4. Brand new Iron Performance pad: Designed by Cytech, one of the World͛s leading pad manufacturers in Italy. Probably one of the most important aspects of racing this distance is being comfortable on the saddle. Perforated pad lamination delivers supreme breathability and quick drying capabilities. The high-density foam gives more padding and protection when cycling and the central channelling in the perinea area is designed to offset pressure points. The high level of elasticity in the pad also maximises freedom of movement when swimming and running. Described by 220 Magazine as being “remarkably good on the saddle”.
5. Nutrition storage on each side of the legs and nice big pockets on the back to stock up on nutrition and make it easy to access whilst on the bike or run.
6. Premium Italian leg grippers – New, ultra soft wide grippers give even pressure distribution and added comfort over the silicone style grippers. These are stitched to the bottom of the leg material rather than inside to create a more comfortable fit and do a fantastic job of preventing any movement during the cycle and run.
7. Comfort fit design throughout the body and neck together with slightly wider shoulder panels for increased protection from the sun.
8. Optical white colour used on the majority of the top to help reflect the sun’s heat.
9. Elastic Technology and binding gives a snug fit without any discomfort around the arms and neck lines. Also, new seam construction to prevent any chafing under the arm.
10. Stylish Flat locked stitching: Designed for maximum strength and minimum discomfort against the skin.
11. Front semi-auto lock zipper for extra ventilation during the cycle or run.
12. Total Zip protection: Soft fabrics are used to cover the inside of the zipper and this is combined with ‘fold over’ cover to minimise any discomfort from the zip on the chest. The suit offers all over comfort combined with performance during all three disciplines. If you’re taking on a long distance race this season then we hope this will be the perfect suit. Please also see our Trisuit or top and short options.